Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Petri Lindroos Kicked Out of Norther!


Well this is somewhat old news. (Not the fact that he was kicked out, which he WAS kicked out) But Petri Lindroos, one of the founders of the band Norther was KICKED. Yes. He is gone and not coming back. Now, I'm not one of the only ones pissed off at this, but then again, nobody really knows what Norther's reasons were for this. The general idea is he pulled a Jari. Started working too much with Ensiferum, and getting wrapped up in that more than his original band. That would be a shame, though I wouldn't blame him. Now, in multiple interviews Petri has stated that he was kicked out, and didn't leave, though on Norther's website it did announce the "departure" of Petri Lindroos.
Now that I'm done ranting about stuff you already know, or aren't too shocked about, my opinion.
OMFG.
Norther
I want to say screw you so bad!
But I love you.
Ok, so being all cool and nerdy, looking up lyrics to their songs, I've seen how amazing Petri's writing is. And its a HUGE shame to kick him out of the band. He's always had the deepest lyrics, most sensitive, most intense, most incredible out of each of the members of the band. Reading "Nothing" made me want to cry so bad, and listening to the song made me go all the way. Petri, you are an amazing vocalist, lyricist, guitarrist and person. Anyone could make the mistake you did, in fact, I wouldn't even call it a mistake. Working in 2 bands is hard when you both are signed to major labels, and are trying to support them both. Now, if this isn't the reason (even though it seems it would be obvious) and I've insulted Norther (god forbid) then I deeply apologize. You guys are all incredible, and if something personal was involved, then It must have been a good reason.

Petri Lindroos:
Amazing vocals, in and out of Norther
Sexy as hell (and I'm comfortable saying that, man.)
Great guitar rhythms
Great way of interacting with the crowd
WE WILL MISS YOU, NORTHER WILL NOT BE THE SAME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search